43rd President of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Linda has been a garden club member since 1973. She and her mother, Allyne, joined a "federated" garden club so they could go to Flower Show School and learn the "secret rules" the judges used to judge the designs at the state fair. They liked what they learned and both became judges.
Linda is a Master Judge. She and her mother were sought after for many years for their design programs. Linda was the Coordinator of the Hall of Flowers at the Oregon State Fair for 10 years. She also chaired the national award winning Standard Flower Show that Oregon State Federation of Garden Clubs presented at the Portland Home and Garden Show for 10 years.
She was married to David for 42 years until his death 11 years ago. Their 3 sons are grown and have given her 5 wonderful grandchildren. Before she met Dave, she attended Abilene Christian University, but when they decided to married she opted to go to Beauty School so she could complete a trade that would allow her to work while Dave finished school. She owned and operated a beauty shop for 7 years until her sons started playing Saturday youth sports... she could not miss those games!
Several years later she and her mother formed a floral wedding business which they ran for 20 years. Linda was named Merchant of the Year in 1972 for her volunteer work within the Merchant Association. She was the Secretary for 5 years, chaired the Miss Keizer Pageant, was the fund raiser chairman for the school, the High School Booster Club President for 3 years, Chaired the city wide March of Dimes Drive. Linda has been a volunteer all her life in city, church and her club and state. She was the Director of Pacific Region before she was nominated for 4th Vice President.
- NGC Member since 1973
- Former NGC Offices:
- 2nd Vice President
- 3rd Vice President
- 4th Vice President
- Director ~ Pacific Region
- Current Certifications: Master Judge
- Other Gardening Accomplishments:
- Oregon State Fair Hall of Flowers Coordinator ~ 10 years
- Oregon State Federation of Garden Clubs
- Portland H & G Show Flower Show Chair ~ 10 Years
- Professional Accomplishments:
- Beautician Business Owner ~ 7 years
- Wedding Floral Business Owner ~ 20 years
- Keizer, Oregon Merchant Association
- Merchant of the Year 1972
- Chair ~ Miss Keizer Pageant
- Volunteer Accomplishments
- Keizer, Oregon March of Dimes Chair
- High School Booster Club President ~ 5 years
- High School Fundraiser Chairman
- Married to David for 42 years
- Three Sons
- Five Amazing Grandchildren