Funding professional development
NGC is proud of its college scholarship program which offers
financial aid to students majoring in fields of study related to
horticulture and the environment. Applicant must be planning
a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental
issues, floral design or horticulture. Thirty-five (35) advanced
annual scholarships were awarded in 2011 for the academic year of
2011-2012, each in the amount of $3,500. The number of
scholarships and their amount for the academic year of 2012-2013
will be determined after October 15. Check your State Garden Club
for other scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Award Overview
- One-year scholarships are available to undergraduate juniors,
seniors and graduate students pursuing a Master's Degree.
- Sophomores may make application for their junior year.
- College/university must be accredited and listed on the
official website of the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
Timeline for the Application Process
- March 1: Application due to the State Scholarship Chairman in
your state of legal residence
- March 15: Top application from each state received by National
Garden Clubs Scholarship Committee
- May: Notification of winners
- July 1: Receipt of information from winners by National Garden
- Late July: Scholarship funds dispersed to College Financial Aid
For more information, contact:
Bonnie Borne, Scholarship Chairman