- Review of judging etiquette/ethics
- Flower Show Achievement Awards
- Flower Show Schedule writing assignment
- Writing a Flower Show Schedule, with emphasis on format and general rules
- Evaluating an NGC Flower Show, Flower Show Evaluation, Point Scoring Form and Criteria
Effective July 1, 2021
- Introduction of Collections and Displays
- Review Horticulture Schedule Writing: sections and classes
- Discussion of Botanical Arts Horticulture section.
- Discussion of Club Competition- Displays and Gardens\
- Review General Requirements for all NGC Horticulture/Botanical Arts Horticulture Top Exhibitor Awards.
- Review judging qualities on the Display Point Score Form. Collection point score form is used for all cut or container-grown horticulture specimens and collections.
- Discussion of growing & showing one Horticulture type and Collections and Displays with emphasis on exhibiting and judging. Local Flower Show School Committee to provide adequate number of specimens and three or more different Collections and three or more different Displays (flowering, foliage, succulents, arboreal, etc.) in consultation with the instructor. It is required that the plant topic be part of one Collection.
- Practice point scoring: 2 hours. Local Flower Show Committee to provide
- One specimen of plant type studied
- One Collection of plant type studied
- One Collection of a different plant type
- Three Displays, per instructor’s specification
Written Point Exam: 2 hrs. Local Flower Show School Chairman to provide
- One Collection of studied plant type
- One Display, per instructor’s specification.
- Review Design Schedule Writing: sections and classes
- Elements and Principles of Design as they relate to Abstract Design
- Review characteristics of Creative Design
- Review Plastic Organization, Penetration of Space and Dynamic Balance
- Discussion of Botanical Arts Division, including Botanical Arts Designs sections, NGC Top Exhibitor Awards Botanical Arts Design and Artistic Crafts Awards
- General Requirements for all NGC Design Top Exhibitor Awards
- Review of Division and Section Awards
- Review of judging qualities found on the Design Point Scoring Form
- Review of Design Commenting Vocabulary
- Review of Judging Procedures
- Instructor's designs illustrate Plastic Organization, Penetration of Space and Dynamic Balance using Advanced Design Types
- Practice point scoring
Written Point Score Exam (2 hrs)