AMES Tools- A Corporate Sponsor of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
National Garden Club, Inc.’s grant program with The Ames Companies, Inc. began in 2014. The Ames Companies has generously agreed to extend its in-kind grant program for 2023.
Take advantage of this benefit of being an NGC member garden club. You may select tools up to a retail value of $250 for your community garden or garden therapy club project. Details may be found below. Select “Resources and Forms” to find the application and the tool Item Selection List. Many tools are appropriate for children or gardeners who prefer a cushion grip handle.
Garden tools with a total retail value of $4,500 are available for NGC gardening projects. Gardening programs performed or supported by NGC local member clubs and scheduled to be carried out March 1 through September 30, 2023 are eligible. Projects may be a joint venture with another organization, however the garden club applying must be a member of NGC. Awarded tools will be shipped to the successful applicants in May of this year.
AMES Grant Applications will be accepted from January 1, 2023, through March 1, 2023.
NGC local member clubs may apply for this in-kind grant, generally during the first quarter of each year, by sending an application and tool selection list to the NGC Ames Tool NGC Grant Manage of the Ames Tool Project by the deadline (generally March 1 each year). The application form includes contact information of individuals who may be interviewed by NGC or Ames about their project, how specific tools are going to be used or were used, and to obtain related helpful gardening tips. Any club may apply for tools with a total retail value of no more than $250.Grants
All successful applicants must deliver a completed Final Report no later than 45 days after project completion. Please include the following:
- A short, 1-page report describing the project, including any special tips about how the Ames tools were used
- Brief final financial report showing sources and uses of funds
- Copies of any project publicity generated by the applicant
- AMES Companies Confirmation of Charitable Goods Receipt
- Photos, which must include:
- The tools received from Ames being used,
- Before and after photos of the area planted,
- The garden in bloom, if appropriate, and
- Names and Release forms (permission to use photos) of individuals in photos; both the NGC Photo Release and the Ames Photo Release forms are required.
For selection of the Ames Tool Grant, consideration will be given to the following:
- Value of the project to the community
- Level of club member participation
- Need and planned usage of the tools requested
- Uniqueness of the project
To learn more about The Ames Companies, Inc. product lines, please visit the Ames website, and like them on Facebook.
An NGC local member club applying for an Ames grant may also apply for an Espoma in-kind grant and/or a Plant America grant. For details about all available grants, click here.Available Grants
For more information, contact the NGC Grant Manager: AMES Garden Tools Project, Flossie Narducci.
Forms For Applicants:
Forms for Winners:
AMES Companies Confirmation of Charitable Goods Receipt